April 3, 2009

MORE VIDEOS AND PICTURES!!

So this is a little walk-thru of my house:
video

This is a video of my 15-yr old sister Mamatida, who is SOOO strong carrying a FULL enormous bucket and pouring it out into a jibida:
video

Just a walk around town:
video

Bru-bru, which is the burning of stray hairs after braiding, I've had it done to my head a few times. The talking on it basically consists of me and Meeta (the one doing the burning) making fun of Dobally for being a wimp, and noting that even I put up with it better than her:
video


Pictures with the fam





4 comments:

Tawny said...

marrn!! love the house tour!! looks like you are doing well :) and i love the parts where i could hear you speak their language!

Moffetown said...

I'm loved the video of you just walking around like your totally part of the community. I'm so impressed that you can speak the language, and interact so effortlessly!

Margaux said...

LOVE the videos and very impressed with how fluent you seem to be! when i heard your voice though it made me sad and miss you more :(

Kevin Fisher said...

Thanks for the Tour Marnie!